Injured From A Truck Accident
Truck accidents are very complicated and lead to a lot of damage. This article will describe its causes, what makes them unique, and how to choose a truck accident lawyer. Feel free to peruse the various categories on this page to fully grasp truck accident claims and how our capable lawyers can support you. If you require tailored legal guidance or have any particular queries, don’t hesitate to contact us.
When building a truck accident case, it’s essential to know the cause of the accident and the damages you might incur. Truck accidents are complicated and require the help of a skilled professional. Here at Vendt Accident Attorneys, we understand the complexity of each truck accident case and will stay by your side at every step. Contact us if you need any help concerning truck accidents. We have knowledge in car accidents, slip and fall accidents, and motor accidents. At Vendt Accident Attorneys, we believe the clients come first and will ensure you are compensated for your damages.
What Causes Truck Accidents
The first step in building a truck accident case is determining the cause of the truck accident case. There are many reasons why truck accidents occur; some of the major ones are:
- Driving mistakes: On the road, truck drivers can make several mistakes like speeding or general reckless driving. Basically, this involves not following traffic rules. Truck drivers should comply with traffic rules to avoid truck accidents.
- Truck parts failure: This could be in the form of brake failure or tire puncture. Trucks parts failure can be because of the negligence of the truck owner or manufacturer defect. Regular inspections of truck parts need to be conducted.
- Loading: Overloading or improperly securing cargo can cause accidents. The cargo can fall on the road or cause the truck to stumble. Make sure you properly strap in cargo in the truck.
- Harsh weather: Harsh weather, like heavy rain, snow, and fog, could impair visibility or make the road slippery. Avoid driving under harsh conditions to avoid accidents.
- Tiredness: Truck owners usually require their drivers to work long hours. They usually get tired from working that long and violate hours-of-service regulations. The regulations state how many hours drivers can drive. Driving for long hours may cause impaired judgment, eventually causing accidents.
- Not following government rules: Some drivers drive without going through proper training or inspecting their trucks regularly. This can lead to accidents.
Determining your accident’s cause is important when fighting for your truck accident case. Consult with your local Richmond lawyer at companies like Vendt Accident Attorneys, as they have experience building a solid case.
THE VENDT ACCIDENT FIRM
How To Choose the Right Local Richmond Truck Accident Lawyer
If you’re seeking legal help after a truck accident, you need someone you can trust. Finding the right truck accident lawyer is essential, and here are some things you need to look into when doing so:
- Experience with truck accidents: As discussed above, truck accidents can be complicated, and you need to choose a local Richmond truck accident lawyer with experience. They need to know who to hold liable and all the state regulations related to the case.
- Familiar with professionals who can help with the case: The local Richmond truck accident lawyer should be able to call up professionals like accident reconstruction specialists who can help better understand the accident scene or a doctor who can help assess the injuries you have incurred. The added opinions can help build the case more.
- Legal staff: The truck accident attorney you choose must have a legal team that they can consult with during the case. The team, with other attorneys and investigators, should be able to help them thoroughly investigate the case and ensure that no stone is left untouched.
- Being able to deal with insurance companies: As discussed above, insurance companies will try to lessen the blame or completely deny that their party’s at fault. A local Richmond truck accident lawyer should be able to understand the plans that insurance companies put into place and mitigate them immediately. They should be able to get the compensation that you deserve from said insurance company.
- Experience with trials: Most times, it’s not necessary that the case goes to trial. However, your local Richmond truck accident lawyer should be able to go to trial if need be. He shouldn’t be a novice at arguing his case before the jury and knowing how the court operates.
Choosing the right Richmond truck accident lawyer will benefit you in the long run, as you will get proper compensation for any damage you incur. Here at Vendt Accident Attorneys, we fit all the above criteria and strive to provide justice to our clients.
SCHEDULE YOUR FREE CONSULTATION
Call Our Richmond Truck Accident Lawyer Today
Don’t let your chance for financial recovery slip away. Our Richmond truck accident lawyer will assess your case honestly and precisely and help you seek the justice and compensation you deserve. Everyone deserves a fair chance. And we are here to provide you with the legal assistance necessary to get you there. You just need to offer us the case details, and we can begin fighting for you today. Contact us today for a consultation.
Why Are Truck Accidents More Complicated
Unlike car accidents, truck accidents may be more complicated due to many reasons. The following are reasons why one should look for a truck accident lawyer rather than a car accident lawyer:
- More damage is incurred: Trucks are more enormous than cars or motorbikes. If any vehicle collides with a truck, the results are catastrophic compared to any other small vehicle.
- Regarding truck accidents, a lot of evidence needs to be gathered to build up your case. When researching a truck accident case, lawyers review drivers’ logs, maintenance records, and black box data.
- There are many people to blame when it comes to truck accidents. You could blame the following people:
- The truck driver
- The manufacturer of truck parts
- The trucking company
- The one who conducts a regular investigation of the truck
Many people need to be interviewed to ensure who is actually liable.
- There are a lot of local sets of rules that apply to truck accidents when it comes to trucks. For example, in Virginia, the state follows the pure contributory negligence rule. This means even if you’re slightly at fault for the accident, you will not win the case or be denied compensation. Knowing all the rules can be a lengthy process. You need the help of your local Richmond truck accident lawyer, who will inform you of your local state rules.
- You need to deal with insurance companies when it comes to truck accidents. This is because all truck companies are required to have insurance. Insurance companies usually don’t want to be the ones compensating, so they will deny any liability or lessen it. This will create a back-and-forth situation between both parties, which can be very time-consuming.
- Specific time limits for truck accident cases. Usually, the court has in place specific time limits after which a truck accident case is null and void. For example, in Richmond, the limit is two years.
According to what we discussed above, understanding and dealing with truck accidents can be tricky. You don’t need to do it alone. Ask for help, and at Vendt Accident Attorneys, we will have a team of truck accident attorneys to help you get compensation for your damages.
Damages Incurred During Truck Accidents and Their Compensation
When fighting a truck accident case, you need to highlight every damage you incurred during that accident so that you get the compensation that you deserve. You will incur different types of damages, which come in the form of the following:
- Medical fees: You might have incurred different types of injuries if you found yourself in a truck accident. These injuries could be physical or psychological. Medical fees could include buying medication, paying for physiotherapy, or general hospital bills. Ensure that you have all the receipts to show as evidence. The party at fault will compensate for every penny.
- Lost salary: If you were severely injured during the truck accident such that you can’t work for a while or the foreseeable future, the party at fault is liable to pay you for all the salary you would’ve gotten in that period. If the injury is long-lasting, a number is calculated for what salary you’ll lose in the future.
- Loss of belonging: Anything that gets damaged, be it the vehicle itself, parts of the vehicle, or any cargo the vehicle is carrying, should be noted down when building one’s case. If proven that the other party is at fault, you will be compensated for said belongings.
- Agony: Any suffering that you go through, be it physical or emotional stress, is considered damage. Although there is no definite amount you will be paid, the court will decide what amount they see fit.
- Losing closed ones: A truck accident can lead to one losing a spouse or a close one, or even the potential of creating another close bond. You’ll receive compensation for that as it’s emotional damage you’ve incurred.
- Penal damages: The party at fault sometimes might just have to give compensation because the court wants to teach them or other drivers a lesson. The driver may have violated traffic rules by overspeeding, driving under the influence, or driving without a commercial driver’s license (CDL). The court wants every truck driver to think twice before doing so.
When building a case, you must assess the damage you’ve incurred to get the compensation you deserve. Don’t belittle any emotional stress or physical damage you incur; count every inconvenience as damage. However, you need to consult a skilled local Richmond truck accident attorney to help you better assess the damage incurred in the accident.
Who Do We Represent?
We are truck accident attorneys in Richmond, Texas. We represent drivers, passengers, pedestrians, cyclists, motorcyclists, and others injured in a truck accident due to someone else’s negligence. We aim to help you get justice from the negligent party and receive compensatory damages for your suffering.
I’m sure you’ve heard the joke about trusting your attorney. It’s no joke with Frank Vendt Jr. He’s got your back. He’s amazing in court. And, he knows his stuff. His staff is amazing and very helpful. I’m am forever grateful for his expertise and guidance through a very difficult case. If Google would allow me to give him 10 stars, I would.
– PAULA MYNATT
LET’S TALK ABOUT YOUR CASE AT NO COST TO YOU
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a truck accident lawyer, and when should I consider hiring one in Richmond, Texas?
A truck accident lawyer is a legal professional who specializes in handling cases related to accidents involving commercial trucks, tractor-trailers, or other large vehicles. You should consider hiring a truck accident lawyer in Richmond, Texas if you have been involved in a truck accident and have suffered injuries or damages. Truck accidents can be complex due to the involvement of multiple parties, such as trucking companies, drivers, and insurance companies. A truck accident lawyer can help navigate the legal process, investigate the accident, determine liability, and advocate for your rights to ensure you receive fair compensation.
What are some common causes of truck accidents in Richmond, Texas?
Several factors can contribute to truck accidents in Richmond, Texas. Common causes include driver fatigue, speeding, distracted driving, improper vehicle maintenance, overloaded or improperly loaded trucks, inadequate driver training, and violation of traffic laws. Additionally, issues with trucking company policies, such as unrealistic delivery schedules or inadequate supervision, can also contribute to accidents. A truck accident lawyer in Richmond, Texas will thoroughly investigate the accident to identify the underlying causes and determine who should be held liable for your injuries and damages.
How can a truck accident lawyer help with my claim?
A truck accident lawyer in Richmond, Texas can provide valuable assistance with your claim. They will gather evidence, such as accident reports, witness statements, driver logs, and truck maintenance records, to build a strong case. They will assess liability, which may involve determining fault on the part of the truck driver, trucking company, maintenance provider, or other involved parties. The lawyer will handle communication and negotiations with insurance companies on your behalf, aiming to secure fair compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, the lawyer will be prepared to represent you in court.
Are there specific regulations and laws that apply to truck accidents?
Yes, there are specific regulations and laws that govern truck accidents in Richmond, Texas. Truck drivers and trucking companies are subject to federal and state regulations, such as those imposed by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT). These regulations cover areas such as driver qualifications, hours of service, vehicle maintenance, cargo securement, and more. A knowledgeable truck accident lawyer in Richmond, Texas will have a deep understanding of these regulations and how they apply to your case, ensuring that all relevant laws are considered when pursuing your claim.